The Department firmly believes that discipline is the strong pillar of academics. Civil engineering has scope such wide, that it touches almost all aspects of live. A Civil engineer, therefore, is subjected to more challenging problems than anyone else. Civil engineer faces the challenge of creating a structure from zero, and generally he is first person standing in front of problems. Shri Hitendrabhai Dullabhbhai Patel(Koli Patel) is the main donor of the department. CED offers a full time, 4 year (08 semesters) program giving the degree in Civil Engineering (B. E. Civil) of Group-1 with intake of 60 students with 03 in TFW quota. Each time in Second year, 15 students are added through Diploma Engineering .Also offers M. E. Civil (Town & Country Planning) having current intake of 18 students. The department is closely working with Environmental Engineering Department which offers M. E. Environment Engineering with current intake of 18 students. The programs/courses are approved by AICTE (All India Council of Technical Education) and affiliated to the GTU (The Gujarat Technological University, Chandkheda, Ahmedabad).
To create complete Engineer out of every student, who shall be able not just to create structures, but to create life. A life….. Towards progressive civilization.
An engineer would no longer be responsible for solving traditional problems. An engineer would require the knowledge to maintain and improve a society. A way of life….
- Graduates will enter the field with confidence.
- Graduates will work in the field not only to create a structure, but to create a better environment to create a better life.
- Graduates will not compromise safety, quality and excellence.
- Graduates will become experts in their field working with organizations, both government and private, both in country and overseas. They will work in most challenging fields and environments and offer the solutions to most complex and demanding problems.
- Graduates will work with every field of engineering, posses knowledge of every field of engineering.
- Graduates will become teachers in leading teaching institutions in region, country and overseas.
- Graduates will be the true ambassador of SCET around the world and spread the glory of SCET like a true alumni.
- Students will be able to apply the basic knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Students will demonstrate ability to design and conduct experiments, interpret & analyze data and report results.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to design a system, component, or a process that meets desired specifications within realistic constraints.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to function in multidisciplinary team.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to identify, formulate and solve civil engineering problems.
- Students will demonstrate the understanding of their professional responsibilities ethically.
- Students will be able to communicate effectively to all concerned.
- Students will have the confidence to apply engineering solutions in global and social context.
- Students will recognize the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Students will have broad education for understanding the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Students will possess an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.