Textile Technology is accredited by National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi w.e.f. 1st July 2016 for 3 years.
The Department of Textile Technology, was established with the pioneering contribution from The Surat Art Silk Cloth Manufacturers Association (SASCMA) in 1995. It should be noted that inspite of Textiles being so important to Indian economy, Textile department is available at very few institutes not only in the state but across the country and SCET is proud to have one with it.
Strategically located in Textile city Surat, which is buzzing with textile activity, the department is fast earning reputation as an important centre for quality Textile education as well as an important centre for textile activities in the city.
The program is designed to provide the student with a thorough background in fundamental concepts of scientific, technological, and management principles, and ability to define and solve challenging problems related to textiles. An essential component of the department’s mission is the development of new knowledge through innovative ideas and the subsequent transfer of this knowledge to both the textile industry and society.
The department has a relatively young, yet experienced and dynamic team with one professor with Ph.D., four associate professors and other assistant professors mostly having master’s degree.
To achieve excellency in textile education & research and produce competent technocrats meeting industry needs paving way to progressive civilization.
- .To create atmosphere of learning in which students acquire comprehensive knowledge with a multi disciplinary approach.
- .To promote research, creativity, innovation and professional activities.
- .To forge relationship with reputed institutes, industries and government bodies for the benefit of society at large.
Two to three years after matriculation, the graduate of the Department of Textile Technology from SCET will be able to:
PEO1: Synthesis data & technical concepts for application and product development.
PEO2: Work as part of teams of multidisciplinary projects.
PEO3: Use a sound foundation about raw materials, yarn & fabric engineering fundamentals necessary for design and development.
PEO4: Apply knowledge gained for professional issues in textile engineering including ethics, issues related to the global economy and emerging technologies and fostering of important job related skills such as improved oral and written communications and experience in working in teams at a number of levels.
PEO5: Prepare for successful careers in Industry that meet the needs of Indian & Multinational companies.
- Graduates will demonstrate basic knowledge in mathematics, science & engineering.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to identity various fibrous raw materials and thus have the ability for design and product development.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to function on engineering & science laboratory as well as on multidisciplinary tasks.
- Graduates are expected to identify, formulate & solve engineering problems.
- Graduates are expected to possess ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Graduates are expected to have the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering in a global, economic and social context and should be able to communicate effectively.
- Graduates will be broadly expected to understand the impact of engineering on society and demonstrate awareness on contemporary issues.
- Graduates are expected to learn all basic aspects of textile manufacturing process.
- Graduates are expected to function effectively individually and on teams, including diverse and multidisciplinary, to accomplish a common goal.
- Graduates are expected to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Graduates are expected to recognise the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.
- Graduates are expected to understand engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects.
Programme Specific Outcomes ( PSOs ):
Engineering Graduates will be able to –
1. Design and develop the processes followed for yarn formation, yarn preparation for weaving, fabric formation and allied textiles as per the requirements of textile industries.
2. Monitor various textile processes leading towards the production of yarn and/or fabric to meet with the required quality standards.
3. Learn and adopt new technological changes taken place in international market to create a new career path as an entrepreneur.