The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) founded in 1953 is one of the leading Professional Society in India. With the great vision of founder and subsequent forefathers and stalwarts who were leading light of the Institution IETE, have been devoting and contributing for the advancement of Science and Technology in the fields of Electronics, Communication Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology and other related subjects. The major focus of IETE is to provide engineering education i.e. Degree and Diploma level certifications to younger generation at affordable cost who can not afford it through regular & private engineering institutions at exorbitant cost. IETE has got two streams of Student base. First wing is the students of alma-mater, IETE, viz, the pass outs of DIPIETE, AMIETE and ALCCS students. For them we have an Alumni Association formed in 2013 and the Second one is the Engineering students studying in Engineering Colleges and Polytechnics across the Country. This wing is the ISF (IETE Students Forum). More than 550 live ISFs are functioning in India today with a student membership of more than 60,000.
Objectives of ISF:
1. Improving standard of Engineering Education
2. Counseling the students in the emerging new opportunities
3. Encouraging and motivating the outside Class room studies /Work shops/projects/Seminars
4. Increasing the student base and Corporate membership of IETE
- To plan, organize Technical Programs, Special Lectures, Workshops, Seminars Symposia, exhibitions for the benefit of students.
2. To provide common platform for students to exchange of ideas in technical topics of interest, e.g., curriculum, employment, higher educational opportunities, emerging trends, etc.
3. To facilitate technical visits, project works, employment, contact with industries and academic institutions.
4. Encourage team spirit and self reliance among student members.
5. ISFs should be a catalyst for the overall growth in technical and professional skills in young students.
At SCET we are having 38 students enrolled as ISF members.
Staff in charge of ISF, SURAT Sub centre: Prof. Neeta Chapatwala