Yoga is a life style..
Yoga is the union of body, mind and soul..
Yoga club@SCET spreads awareness about yoga among students as well as staff members since yoga is all in one technique. The club conducts various yoga activities for students and staff members to develop their body and mind on conscious and sub-conscious levels. We actively work on yoga principles and try to find a ray of wisdom which brings-in real happiness and inner peace in our hearts.
To provide yoga education to equip oneself with basic knowledge about one’s personality, to learn to handle oneself well in all life situations, to learn techniques of gaining good health, to develop a discriminative mind capable of knowing the real from the unreal and to face the dualities of life with equanimity.
Why Yoga for Engineering Students?
Yoga has become a creative part of the student’s educational programme; they are experiencing the meaning of discipline in a very spontaneous way in the first year of their engineering life. Yoga education supplements school and university education.
Apart from Yoga’s normal benefits, namely better breathing, gentle stretching, concentration & awareness, relaxation, calmness and appreciation of silence, Yoga balances both hemispheres of the brain and develops the whole mind.
- Yoga reduces stress, helps children to release tension and relax generates positive emotions and compassion.
- Its daily practices help the students to harness mental energy and effort, to deal with impulsive behaviour, and to think more clearly.
- Students will develop a sense of well-being, and will increase their capacity of mental concentration will find harmony between the mind and the body.
- Students will develop proper breathing habits. Yoga offers students a safe and balanced way for them to relate to themselves and to their surroundings, inner & outer awareness.
Why Yoga for Staff Members?
Staff members will have following benefits:
- Employees will be happy and full of energy and as a result, more productive
- Decline in stress-related sick occurrences
- Improved concentration, decision-making skills and ability to multi-task
- Improved alertness and ability to react more calmly in demanding situations
- Relief of head, neck and back strain, carpal tunnel syndrome, insomnia, high blood pressure and work-related injuries from repetitive motion
- Enhanced employee attitude and outlook
- General well-being in the workplace which reduces staff turnover
Members of Yoga club:
|Sr no||Name of faculty||Department|
|1||Prof. Nandkishor Joshi (Convener)||Instrumentation and Control Engineering|
|1||Prof. Bhumi Shah||Mechanical Engineering|
|2||Prof. Bhumika Bhatt||Computer Engineering|
|3||Prof. Snehal Gandhi||Computer Engineering|
Activities conducted by Yoga Club :
- Yogasana and Pranayama for staff and students
- Seminar and workshop on ‘Memory Management by Yoga’
- Seminar and workshop on ‘Stress Management by Yoga’
- Workshop on ‘Yoga for Weight Loss ‘
- Seminar on ‘Yoga for Team Work and Social Life’