e-Yantra Lab Setup Initiative (eLSI)
e-Yantra is a project by IIT Bombay to spread education in Embedded systems and Robotics. This project has been sponsored by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) through the National Mission on Education through ICT (NMEICT).
eLSI aims to enable colleges to teach Robotics & Embedded systems in an effective manner by:
- Training teams of 4 teachers from colleges in a region, in the basics of Embedded systems theory and Micro-controller programming through a 2-day workshop.
- Engaging the teams through Task based Training (TBT) – where teachers are trained to implement various experiments on the robot over a period of three/four months.
- Providing support and advice to set up a Robotics lab so that by the time the teachers are trained, the lab is ready at the college for the teachers to get their students involved through projects.
Benefits to the college
Training students through hands-on projects is imperative in producing successful innovators and entrepreneurs. Creating the infrastructure with labs and trained teachers provides competitive advantage to colleges in attracting talented students. e-Yantra facilitates the infrastructure creation by sharing its experience and expertise.
Increased enthusiasm amongst students
- Better BE projects with help from e-Yantra open source community
- Better performance at competitions such as the e-Yantra Robotics Competition (eYRC)
- Eligibility for participating in e-Yantra Ideas Competition and e-Yantra Symposium
- Better trained and motivated faculty
- Robotics club
- Chance to receive Embedded Systems Course from IIT Bombay
- Better prospects for engaging with other NMEICT projects such as 10K teacher training, Spoken Tutorials, e-Kalpa, FOSSEE
- Better visibility for college nationally
In SCET, we have following robots
|S.N.||RoboticKits||Qty.||Unit Price||Total price|
|1.||FireBird V 2560*||9||17000/-||1,53,000|
|2.||Spark V Robot||5||4500/-||22,500|
|3.||FireBird V LPC 2148 Robot||5||17000/-||85,000|
|4.||FireBird V Hexapod Robot with IR remote control||1||48000/-||48,000|
|5.||Dexter ER2 Robotic arm||1||21000/-||21,000|
* In addition, we have received three kits as we have successfully completed TBT. Including accessories, we have purchased item of total worth Rs. 5,58,680/- for Robotics lab.
Two Days Workshop on “Introduction to Robotics” was organized by our department on 17th & 18th November, 2017, through the e-Yantra Lab Setup Initiative (eLSI) . There were 23 team, from different 20 colleges & total 81 faculty members participated in the workshop.