1. Master trainer Training on “Digital Literacy ”
2. Celebration of Jal Shakti Diwas on 22nd July, 2019.
3. Blood Donation Camp by NSS, SCET on 1st July 2019
4. GTU GRAMYA JIVAN ANUBHUTI 2019
5. VAN MAHOTSAV 2019
6. Fit India Movement 2019
7. Interaction with Everest girls
8. Celebration of Meaningful Diwali – A Visit to Old Age Home
9. Felicitation of SCET – NSS team by Surat Raktdan Kendra
10. Thalassemia Awareness and Screening Camp
1. Blood Donation Camp by NSS, SCET on 7th September 2018
2. RYLA- ROTARY YOUTH LEADERSHIP AWARD
3. BLOOD STEM CELL AWARENESS AND DONOR REGISTRATION CAMP
4. Thalassemia Awareness and Screening Camp
1. National Anthem Everyday
2. Stem Cell Donation by Sarthak Goti through SCET -NSS Stem Cell Registration Drive
3. Participation of SCET – NSS volunteers at Mock Parliament organized by Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Govt. of India And NSS Regional Directorate, Ahmedabad
4. Volunteering at Gujarat assembly election -December 2017 by SCET – NSS Volunteers
5. Cultural exchange programme with China Delegation on 20th November 2017
6. SWACCHTA PAKHWADA
7. Participation of NSS Volunteers ( Girls ) at All Women All India ride for ” Beti Bachao Beti Padhao “
8. SCET at National Integration camp
9. Achievement of NSS- SCET at State Level NSS Day Celebration
10. Interactive session on “Stress Management” in association with Surat Paediatric Association
11. Blood Donation Camp by NSS, SCET on 9th October 2017
12. Awareness Drive for Women Helpline Number “181 ” by NSS- SCET
13. GST Awareness Session
1. National Integration Camp at Hamidpur ( Himachal Pradesh )
2. National Integration Camp and Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
3. National Adventure Camp (NSS)
4. Volunteering for DATRI
5. “Say No To DRUG “ Rally
6. Awareness Campaign to Reduce Noise Pollution by “No Honk” Message
7. Blood Stem Cell Awareness And Donor Registration Camp
A Blood Stem Cells, derived from peripheral blood of the donor, have the capacity to replace the recipient’s abnormal stem cells with healthy ones correcting the problem at the root-level. A blood stem cell transplant can be done to treat many fatal blood disorders such as Leukaemia, Thalassemia and Aplastic Anaemia.
8. Free Health Checkup Camp 2016
“Our health is our greatest treasure”. Taking care of our health is utmost important for everyone. But in our daily life, we keep on looking for excuses to not visit our doctor. Be it for saving money or for other reasons like I am too young and healthy to go to a doctor or I don’t have time today; may be next week, I’ll get an appointment, and hence we keep on
ignoring our health.
9. Thalasemmia Screening Camp and Blood Donation Camp
Under the GTU Social Activities 2010 Every Year Sarvajnik college of engineering and technology , Surat organise Thalassemia screening test for all the First year students of Engineering and MCA .
10. NSS unit of SCET conducted two sessions for information on “Various Government Schemes”
The Southern Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industries (SGCCI) and Surat Municipal Corporation ( SMC) has initiated the series of knowledge base and informative programs at Narmad library at every weekend. Under this series variety of informative programs like management talk , interactive session , book review , panel discussion etc. are organized. The SGCCI and SMC entrusted Our NSS unit and invited us to deliver informative session on various Government schemes and create the awareness about the schemes.
11. NSS unit of SCET raised fund for an NGO – An Indian Association for Blind (IAB)
India shoulders the largest burden of global blindness. One out of three blind people in the world lives in India – an estimated 15 million blind people lives in India. Blindness has been recognised as an important public health problem in India. The loss of sight causes enormous human suffering for the affected individuals and their families. It also represents a public health, social and economic problem for a country. Up to 80% of blindness is curable or preventable and there are 2 million blind children in India. Only 5% of them receive any education.
Realising the essence of the social responsibility towards the visually challenged community, National Service Scheme (NSS) team of SCET, went for fund-raiser, for a NGO – Indian Association for the Blind (IAB).
12. Tree Plantation during Van Mahotsav
Van Mahotsav ( વન મહોત્સવ )is an annual tree-planting festival in India. This movement was initiated in the year 1950 by India’s Union Minister for agriculture, Kulapati Dr.K M Munshi. It was started to create enthusiasm among masses for forest conservation and planting trees. This year from 1st July to 7th July are celebrated as Van Mahotsav .
1. Statue Cleaning by NSS Studetns
NSS team of SCET organized statue cleaning drive on 5th march 2016. Under this drive volunteers cleaned the statue of Mahatma Gandhi which is situated at chowk.
2. BLOOD DONATION CAMP
Under the banner of National Service Scheme the blood donation camp was organized on Friday 29th January,2016.
3. Road Rally on theme- “Say No To Drugs”
“Youth Nation”-Surat had organized a road rally with the theme “Say No To Drugs” to celebrate Republic Day with real spirit. NSS Unit of Sarvajanik College of Engineering and Technology has been invited by Youth Nation to participate for the road rally on 26 January, 2016.
4. Cleanliness Drive of SCET at Dumas Beach organised by SES
On the auspicious occasion of Republic day, 26th January 2016, Sarvajanik Education Society Office under the leadership of Chairman and Vice Chairman Sir had organized a Cleanliness drive at Dumas in coordination with every schools and colleges falling under its umbrella with the help of SMC, Surat.
5. GTU- NSS Meet
Gujarat Technological University entrusted SCET college and invited us to organize selection as well as training camp for GTU’s NSS team for the Higher Education – Govt. of Gujarat sponsored State level meet for NSS at Veer Narmad South Gujarat University , Surat.
6. SADBHAVANA DIVAS CELEBRATION
Sadbhavana Divas is celebrated on 20th August every year to promote national integration and communal harmony among the students. We celebrated the “Sadbhavana Divas “at TIFAC Seminar Hall at SCET in association with unit of National Service Scheme( NSS) of our college.
7. SAINIK WELFARE FUND
SCET stands SECOND in all over Gujarat for contributing in Sainik Welfare fund during 2014 -2015.
Sarvajanik College of Engineering & Technology , Surat
National Service Scheme (NSS)
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
National Service Scheme, under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports Govt. of India, popularly known as NSS was launched in Gandhiji’s Birth Centenary Year 1969, in 37 Universities involving 40,000 students with primary focus on the development of personality of students through community service. Today, NSS has more than 3.2 million student volunteers on its roll spread over 298 Universities and 42 (+2) Senior Secondary Councils and Directorate of Vocational Education all over the country. From its inception, more than 3.75 crores students from Universities, Colleges and Institutions of higher learning have benefited from the NSS activities, as student volunteers.
The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS) :
-Understand the society in which they work.
-Understand themselves in relation to their society .
-Identify the needs and problems of the society and involve them in problem-solving.
-Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
-Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and society problems.
-Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
-Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
-Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
-Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
Practice national integration and social harmony.
Activities So Far…..
1. 25 Students are enrolled for the NSS activities
2. 10th September 2014.
A tree plantation event was carried out a10th September 2014. The activity was carried out near the dome. Principal , Vice Principal , Dean (SAWC) ,GS and LR were also part of this noble cause.
3. 16th September 2014 ( Blood Donation Camp – Odd Sem)
The mega blood donation camp was arranged on 16th September 2014 in association with Surat Raktadan Kendra at our college. We collected record break (279 ) blood units by efforts of all the students and faculties.
4. 2nd & 3rd December 2014
Thalassemia Minor Screening of the Students was arranged under Thalassemia Prevention Program run by Indian Red Cross Society, Gujarat State Branch on 2nd & 3rd December 2014. Under this camp 578 students were screen for the Thalassemia Minor.
5. Sanik Welfare fund
With reference to the circular No./GTU/Social Act./Sainik Welfare Fund/2014/ 109 The NSS Unit of (042) Sarvajnik College of Engineering and Technology , Surat has raised an amount of Rs 45551/- for sainik welfare and resettlement fund. The demand draft of the amount Rs. 45551/- in the favour of “ Collector & President, AFFD FUND Account, Ahmedabad” with DD No. 065660 and Dated 18 March 2015 is submitted.
6 8th April 2015 (( Blood Donation Camp – Even Sem)
The second mega blood donation camp is organized on 8th April 2015.
Prof Niket Shastri
Program Officer NSS Zonal Coordinator Surat Zone
Sarvajanik College of Engineering & Technology ,
Thalassemia Awareness Camp 2012
Under the GTU Social Activities 2010 Sarvajanik college of engineering and technology , Surat had organized Thalassemia screening test for all the students of Engineering and MCA .
The Thalassemia test was proved to be a huge success as 500 students underwent the test by Indian Red Cross Society , Ahmedabad.
Along with Thalassemia testing, a Blood Donation Camp was also organized where more 172 bottles of blood were collected by lok Samarpan Raktdaan Kendra
Coordinators : Prof Niket Shastri , Mr. Dilip Patel , Prof Amit Mehta
|Sarvajanik College of Engineering & Technology Surat|
Thalassemia Awareness Camp 2011
Under the GTU Social Activities 2010 Sarvajanik college of engineering and technology , Surat had organized Thalassemia screening test for all the first year students of Engineering and MCA on 24-25 August 2011.
The Thalassemia test was proved to be a huge success as 450 students underwent the test by Indian Red Cross Society , Ahmedabad
Coordinator : Prof Niket Shastri & Mr. Dilip Patel